Last month we got a new addition to our already crazy family…a puppy! Murphy is a 3-month-old Chinese Crested/Shih Tzu mix AKA Crested Tzu. If he’s not chasing his tail then he wants to be cuddled up right next to you.
And if he’s not cuddled up or within 2 feet of you he’s whining…LOL! I’ll give him a pass since he’s still a puppy but he’s one spoiled rotten baby. 😉
Just like beauty box subscriptions and wine of the month clubs, you can now get a monthly subscription-based service that sends a themed box of hand-selected treats and toys specifically created for cats and dogs. How cool is that?
When I heard about Pet Gift Box I couldn’t wait to try them out for Murphy. Since we’ve only had our puppy for less than a month, we’re still trying to figure out what types of treats (he loves them ALL) and what kinds of toys he likes best to keep him entertained. Pet Gift Box is perfect with helping us learn about new products. Have you all been to pet stores lately? Lawd there’s like a gagillion types of toys, shampoo, treats, foods…and don’t forget the clothes! LOL
And I also learned that just like us, pets get bored too! I’m not sure how bored Murphy gets now considering he sleeps about 22 hours a day…LOL! But seriously I was reading an article in Cesar’s Way and he mentioned how dog love new toys (especially the soft ones that make noise) and enjoy the being social with us by playing with tug-a-war type toys. And like wolves they tend to think of those toys as prey. Which is pretty funny considering how our puppy sneaks over to a toy then ATTACKS it!
This month’s theme is all about football! With The Superbowl just around the corner it makes total sense. And why shouldn’t your pet enjoy the sport season as well. Here’s what was included in our box:
- Football Classic Toy: This mini, fuzzy football was great for Murphy. And the best part is it’s soft and has a squeaker! He LOVES those things!
- Bowser Beer: This meat-broth, malt barley, and glucosamine drink has NO alcohol and can be enjoyed by your pets. He hasn’t tried this one out yet but maybe during the BIG GAME we’ll let him kick back and have a few brews…LOL!
- Grill-icious Beef Treat: These are listed as bite-size but that’s probably for a dog that’s not about 5.5 pounds. I had to break them up for him and he pretty much devoured them after that. Let’s just say these are gonna be a great incentive while we’re still working on getting him completely housebroken.
- Brew Buddies: These little malted barley bottle-shaped treats are so cute. Not sure how Murphy felt about them since he kept biting on them then putting them on the ground…but he did finally finish it!
- Remarkabowl: This little bowl is in the shape of a football and can be used by humans or pets. It’s perfect if you want to use it to put dip in for parties or just have it as another water/food dish for your football loving pet.
The total MSRP for this month’s box was $44.95 and here’s a breakdown of how the cost works for their subscriptions – $18.99 per month (12 Month Subscription), $20.99 per month (6 Month Subscription), $23.99 per month (3 Month Subscription), and $28.99 per month (1 Month Subscription).
If you’re wanting to give it a try I have a code so that you can save 30% on your first box. Visit PetGiftBox and use the code MURPHY.
I can’t wait to see what in the box next month! Have you tried Pet Gift Box before…if so please share what your thought. And also if you know someone who recently got a new pet or has a birthday coming up, they also make excellent gifts!
*Disclosure: I was provided with a complimentary box for review. All opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links.*