If you live or work in the Nashville, Tennessee area then you’ve seen all of the amazing billboards plastered all over town announcing the Odysseo by Cavalia show. A few days ago the raising of the largest touring tent went up and it was amazing. You can see this amazing tent if you drive by Orpy Mills on Briley Parkway. And when I say its big…. it’s B I G!
While the White Big Top rose to the sky, I along with guests and members of the press toured the impressive site that will soon host the epic experience Odysseo by Cavalia – a breathtaking production featuring more than 100 horses, riders, acrobats, dancers, aerialists and musicians. Standing 125 feet tall and covering a surface area of 58,397 square feet – the size of a football field – Odysseo’s exceptional White Big Top is a mix of art, technology and advanced engineering.
Facts about the White Big Top:
- Odysseo’s White Big Top – the world’s largest touring tent – is 125 feet tall (12 stories high)
- The surface covered by the White Big Top is 58,397 square feet, the same size as a football field!
- Under the White Big Top are the stage, the backstage areas, the bleachers, a lobby, a gift shop and food stands
- Seating capacity for 2,074 spectators
- The stage is approximately 17,500 square feet, an area larger than The Predators ice rink
- The stage is made of 10,000 tons of stone, dirt and sand
- An underground drain system is built to flood 40,000 gallons of recycled water onto the stage for the splashing finale. After the show, it takes 15 minutes to drain the water
- The high-definition backdrop is the size of three of the largest cinema screens
- The technical grid supports 80 tons of equipment, including a majestic life-sized merry-go-round
- Air conditioning and heat are available