On this day 42 years ago, the best thing EVER happened to a man named Gaddie and a woman named Elaine…I was born! Yep, it’s my birthday!
March 11th is basically a National Holiday around my house. I actually don’t want much for my wedding anniversary, Valentine’s Day or even Christmas! So to start off the day I have a few requirements that I make sure my immediate family adhere to.
- First off my cake can’t be chocolate anything. I’m not a big chocolate fan and everyone else in this blasted house wants that kind of cake for their special day. Hubby has finally realized after being married for almost 14 years to get me a white cake with cream cheese frosting…it’s that simple.
- Dinner with my family at a restaurant is a must. It’s my day and I don’t plan on cleaning jack in the kitchen or stepping foot in there…except to make coffee. And
maybedefintely a glass of after dinner wine. So basically those are the two exceptions to me stepping foot in that part of the house today.
- It’s the little things that make me happy! A trip to Ulta and 5 new nail polish colors and I’m happy! I think the other 150+ bottles get lonely so I have to make sure they have new friends. What?!?! Don’t judge me and my polish addiction.
- Handmade cards from my girls! My daughters are 5 and almost 13 years old. I love when they make things from the heart. The little one actually means it and well the teenager just does it to pacify me. Hmph!
- The house all.to.myself! Silence is golden and can I just say how much I love when I have a little quiet me time. It’s awesome! I plan to spend the day while the girls are at school catching up on my DVR’d shows and doing my nails before we go out for dinner.
So what are a few rituals that you have to commemorate your special day? Please share so I can add them to mine…LOL! Here’s a little music to get you all in the mood…go Team Pisces!