A lot of people like to wait until the new year to get their ish together and work on health and fitness goals. There’s no better time like the present so why not get your butt in gear and start now so that by this time next month you’ll be ahead of the game.
You know that saying about summer bodies are made in the winter…well they weren’t lying! You may be thinking its entirely too cold to even thinking about wearing a bikini or that cute dress next summer but before you know it you’ll look up and be like I spent all winter living like a sloth and now I’m paying for it. We all know that eating right and exercising are what you are supposed to do, but sometimes you just get in a rut and then it’s “Oh I’ll get back on track tomorrow” or “I won’t eat that again”. Well the time has come and it means no more excuses. So if you’re like me, meaning human, then you can still get back on track!
Here are my 5 tips to getting back on track after a fitness break:
- Get rid of the crap – typically this would mean just food, but you also have to get rid of toxic people and environments. Stock up on healthy foods and check out Pinterest for great recipes and tips. There are so many other things to add a bit of wow to your meals so that everyone (including the kids) will enjoy eating healthier. Since I’ve been vegan since the beginning of the year I’ve REALLY been getting bored lately. Luckily I’ve also been checking out cookbooks from the library when I get bored with Pinterest…not that that could ever happen!
- Find a workout buddy – for me this has been the hardest. Since I’m working from home now my schedule is more flexible during the day. The majority of my workout buddies are all virtual and it’s just not the same as having someone local to help give me a quick swift kick in the arse when I want to be lazy.
- Set goals – you all have no idea just how freaking hard AND easy that can be! I mean just saying I’m going to work out “x times this week” is so much easier than just doing it. But in order to stay motivated and on track I have to set goals or I’ll just say screw it and just grab a
bottleglass of wine. What…no judging people! LOL
- Being accountable – start tracking your fitness and eating habits. When you write them down then you actually know how you are doing. There are a ton of apps to keep up with what you eat, how often you exercise and how many calories you’re burning.
- Try something new – sometimes we can just get bored doing the same thing. If your workouts are starting to become mundane, try something new! Try a spinning class, yoga, line dancing, Zumba or even pole dancing! I’ve been dying to try a pole dancing class.
What are some tips that have helped you get back on track after a fitness break?