So I figured with day 2 of #NaBloPoMo I’d start off with my 5 reasons why being a mom sucks. Yea I said it…”Who gon’ check me, boo!” And this is my blog and I can write whatever I want…nanny nanny boo boo!!!
- I don’t like the sight of blood. I don’t know about you but I swear if one of my kids has a cut or a wriggly tooth *lawd* and insists on me seeing it, I literally almost get faint. Go to your dad kid! Now add this to the bad mom award but when my youngest was almost 2 she had two boils that had to be lanced. I made the mistake of looking over right as the doctor pulled out this sharp azz blade and cut the boil. I broke out in a cold sweat, almost passed out and thought I was gonna throw up. Yea…all at the same time! So I left my crying toddler in the room. Yep bad mom award!
- If you don’t feed your children organic/locally grown/non-gmo/vegan diets than you’re a bad mom. Ugh now this one totally gets on my nerves. I try to feed my kids a diet so that Child Protective Services won’t arrest me for neglect! I kid I kid…but seriously there are days when I’m sure they had too much sugar or gawd forbid they ate bacon.
- Kids are little germ magnets. If there is some cold/virus floating around they are bound to get it and bring it home to share with the rest of the family.
- If someone hurts your child you can’t go to that kid and karate chop them in the throat. Now this part of being a mom is the worst. Nobody messes with our kids! Especially some entitled little snot of a kid. My oldest came home and told me something another kid said and I had to weigh the cons of what would happen to me if I went to her school and grabbed the kid by the collar. I decided to be the adult and take the high road. It was hard, but I did it.
- I’m stingy. Blame it on me being the youngest but I don’t like to share…even with my kids! I may or may not have a hiding place where I stash my Golden Oreos. Judge me if you want but they are mine mine mine! LOL
Seriously being a mom is one of the funniest, craziest and most stressful things I’ve done but I wouldn’t trade those little crumb snatchers for anything. What’s one thing about being a mom that sucks to you?