What better way to kick off Cinco de Mayo than with a Spodee White Margarita Popsicle! Last year I did a wine slushy post and it was a big hit with my fellow wine lovers! And this recipe is sure to please you even more. It includes wine and fresh fruit which totally makes it healthy, right?!?! And because of their cute, small size they are perfect for cookouts and parties. I know you’re just dying to know how to make one so I’m including the recipe for this adult treat!
You will need:
- 5 cups seedless watermelon (about 1/2 of a large watermelon)
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tbps sugar
- 1/2 cup Spodee White
- 4 limes
- Margarita or other coarse salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and the sugar is dissolved.
- Strain the ingredients through a mesh sieve to remove watermelon pulp. You’ll be left with about 5 cups of popsicle mixture.
- Prepare the limes by slicing them into wheels and then inserting the popsicle stick in the middle.
- Pour the mixture into Dixie cups and top with the lime popsicle sticks. Freeze for 2 hours.
How simple is that! And once you’re done you can
have them all to yourself share them with your friends!