I can’t even express how excited I am about Cirque De Soleil Corteo coming to Tennessee for the first time! For so long Nashville has only been known to most as the “Home of Country Music“. There is so much more to this city and I’m happy to see that other performance groups are taking notice.
Cirque du Soleil, the largest theatrical producer in the world is thrilled to announce that tickets are now on sale for their upcoming visit to Music City with its latest creation, Corteo this summer, July 26-29, 2018. The largest international touring production will take spectators on a magnificent journey, with 51 acrobats, musicians, singers and actors representing more than 15 nationalities while contrasting the large with the small, the ridiculous with the tragic and the magic of perfection with the charm of imperfection. The show highlights the strength and fragility of the clown, as well as his wisdom and kindness, to illustrate the portion of humanity that is within each of us.
Written and directed by, Daniele Finzi Pasca, with Cirque du Soleil’s mission of invoking the imagination, provoking the senses and evoking the emotions of people around the world, Corteo is like no other production. It first premiered in Montreal under the Big Top in April 2005 and has since been a great success amazing eight million people in 64 cities in 19 countries on four continents. Corteo which means cortege in Italian is a joyous procession, a festive parade imagined by a clown as he visualizes his own funeral taking place in a carnival-like setting, watched over quietly by caring angels. This mesmerizing production combines a theatrical world of excitement, comedy, and spontaneity situated in a mysterious space between heaven and earth making for a magical and musical experience.
- Corteo first premiered in Montreal in 2005 and has visisted more than 60 cities in 19 different countries as a Big Top show before transforming in an arena show in 2016.
- Corteo celebrated its 3,500th performance in 2015 in Bogotá, Colomba.
- More than 8 million people have been enthralled by the world of Corteo.
- In the remount process, from the Big tent to the arena, new acts have been added to the Corteo show with a small adaptation to the original story line.
Cast and Crew:
- The cast is an international one, representing more than 15 nationalities. Performers are from Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Finland, France, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Romania, Russia, United Kingdom, Ukraine, United States, Uzbekistan and more.
- Although you will generally hear French and English spoken on-site, many other languages are spoken: Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and more.
If you’re in the Nashville area and would like to attend a performance of Cirque Du Soleil Corteo tickets can be purchased here.
Thursday, July 26, 2018 – 7:30 pm
Friday, July 27, 2018 – 7:30 pm
Saturday, July 28, 2018 – 3:30 pm & 7:30 pm
Sunday, July 29, 2018 – 1:00 pm & 5:00 pm