If you live or work in the Nashville, Tennessee area then you’ve seen all of the amazing billboards plastered all over town announcing the Odysseo by Cavalia show. A few days ago the raising of the largest touring tent went up and it was amazing. You can see this amazing tent if you drive by Orpy Mills on Briley Parkway. And when I say its big…. it’s B I G!
While the White Big Top rose to the sky, I along with guests and members of the press toured the impressive site that will soon host the epic experience Odysseo by Cavalia – a breathtaking production featuring more than 100 horses, riders, acrobats, dancers, aerialists and musicians. Standing 125 feet tall and covering a surface area of 58,397 square feet – the size of a football field – Odysseo’s exceptional White Big Top is a mix of art, technology and advanced engineering.
Facts about the White Big Top:
- Odysseo’s White Big Top – the world’s largest touring tent – is 125 feet tall (12 stories high)
- The surface covered by the White Big Top is 58,397 square feet, the same size as a football field!
- Under the White Big Top are the stage, the backstage areas, the bleachers, a lobby, a gift shop and food stands
- Seating capacity for 2,074 spectators
- The stage is approximately 17,500 square feet, an area larger than The Predators ice rink
- The stage is made of 10,000 tons of stone, dirt and sand
- An underground drain system is built to flood 40,000 gallons of recycled water onto the stage for the splashing finale. After the show, it takes 15 minutes to drain the water
- The high-definition backdrop is the size of three of the largest cinema screens
- The technical grid supports 80 tons of equipment, including a majestic life-sized merry-go-round
- Air conditioning and heat are available
The multi-dimensional and magical world of Odysseo is conjured through images of the most beautiful landscapes from around the world, projected onto an 8,400-square-foot screen, a feast for the eyes with staggering effects created by state-of-the-art scenery. Odysseo’s technical grid, worthy of the largest permanent installations in Las Vegas, New York or London, can support 80 tons of equipment for the stage needs of the show, including a majestic life-sized merry-go-round.
Opening night for the show will be on August 30th and I can’t wait! Are you planning to attend as well? If so be sure to purchase your tickets now and enjoy presale prices. Up to 15% discount is applied automatically for online and phone transactions for purchases made through August 29, 2017. The presale ticket prices range from $39.50 to $109.50 + applicable fees. For a memorable outing, the Rendez-Vous package offers the best seats in the house, a full meal buffet dining before the show, open bar, desserts during intermission and an exclusive visit to the stables after the show. This unique VIP experience takes place in a tent alongside the White Big Top. The presale Rendez-Vous package prices range from $144.50 to $224.50 + applicable fees. Special pricing and packages are also available for groups of 12 spectators and more. Tickets for Odysseo are available at HERE or by calling 1-866-999-8111.