The other day one of my good friends shared an article with me about the importance of having wine night with your girlfriends once a week. The last time I went out with the girls for a fun, relaxing evening was on my birthday…almost a year ago!
That is a damn shame! I mean c’mom a year! Today I want to discuss my 5 reasons why girls night out is essential to my sanity.
1. We love a reason to get dressed up! I work from home so I’m pretty much in comfy, beyond casual clothes so I LOVE when I have a chance to put on makeup, do my hair and get all gussied up! I might even put on heels! *gasp*
2. I won’t have to drink alone. When I haven’t had a chance to be around other adults (other than hubby who is really just a big kid) I end up looking like Marge.drinking.by.myself. That’s not cute! And I’m pretty sure I look just as pathetic as she does.
3. To bond. I keep in touch with my friends on a regular basis via social media but there is NOTHING better than actual face-to-face time with your besties. And typically when we are all together it just makes me genuinely feel better. It’s definitely good for my mental health as well as all of the good deep belly laughs I will have!
4. A chance to be around other adults. Like I said before I work from home, so I don’t get a chance to have that day-to-day interaction with other people like I use to. I’d have to say that is the biggest thing I miss about working outside the home. I mean sometimes those people would get on my nerves, but there was never a dull moment. LOL
5. We have to remember to have “me time” too! Whether you’re a mom, wife, caregiver or whatever you have to take time out for yourself. So many times I’m worried about making sure everyone else is having a good time or their needs are met that I might put having fun for myself on the back burner. So I have to remind myself that for my own sanity I need to have my own “play dates” as well!
So what kind of things do you like to do to keep your sanity? Please share so I can add it to my list! 😉